There are many tourist attractions in this small town, and visitors will enjoy the beauties offered by Rovinj. This page shows all the tourist attractions that visitors should not miss if they visit Rovinj.
The old town of Rovinj is intertwined with cobbled streets and stairs that wind along small colorful houses. What we know today as the old town used to be an island. Under Venetian rule, the island and the mainland were merged. Three of the seven city gates have preserved their shape today: the Gate under the Wall, the Gate on the Shore and the Gate of St. Cross with the city coat of arms when it forms a red cross drawn on a white background. The door of the old fish market has been changed several times, as well as their name (Balbi's arch).
The Golden Cape Forest Park or "Punta Corrente" as the citizens call it is a real vegetation oasis and is one of the most important natural attractions in Rovinj. The park spreads over 80 hectares of belt along the coast, with the most diverse examples of pines, firs, cypresses and cheddars that are very special and specific. Zlatni rt is the right place for various sports activities, while the old quarry has been turned into a real little paradise for lovers of free climbing. The park is also perfect for pleasant or romantic walks. Most importantly this whole area is closed to motor vehicles so it can be fully enjoyed.
The Church of St. Euphemia is one of the most famous monuments and sights in Rovinj. At the place where the church is today, there used to be a much smaller church dedicated to St. George. A new and larger church began to be built on this place in the 1st century. Although larger than before, over time it was necessary to upgrade, mainly due to the wishes of the population of Rovinj. The church was upgraded from 1725 to 1736.Today, the church has three floors with a series of chapels from the side, and the chapel in the middle is much larger than the others. Along the north wall of the church there is a path leading to the old bell tower, and along the west wall there is a place for the choir and organ that are raised above the main entrance to the church.
The city square in Rovinj is a large area surrounded by beautiful palaces and monuments. The most famous among them is the city clock that rises above the surrounding buildings. The clock itself is from the 14th century, and the tower is recognizable by a large Venetian lion in front of the clock and a red tower.In the middle of the square there is a large fountain "Boys with fish", which was set up in 1959, on the occasion of the solemn celebration of the construction of the waterworks. The author of the fountain and the sculpture "Boy with a fish" at the top, which the people of Rovinj call "Keko" for some reason, is the sculptor Marijan Kocković.
The Lim Fjord or the Lim Channel is a sea bay about 12 km long, about 600 m wide at the entrance and up to 33 m deep. It is a submerged karst valley. The diversity of deciduous vegetation of the southern and evergreen vegetation of the northern parts of the bay is a unique rarity and a special ecological interest. At the end of the Lim Channel, there is Romuald's Cave, where, according to tradition, the founder of the Order of Camaldolese, St. Romuald in the early eleventh century. Evidence was found in the cave itself that it was visited by a prehistoric man.