The Rovinj Village is a village about seven kilometers away from Rovinj. The surrounding area was inhabited in prehistory, and during Roman times, so it is rich in archaeological sites. Rovinjsko Selo was founded in 1526 by immigrants from the vicinity of Zadar, who were fleeing from the Turks. The church located in the village is dedicated to St. Anthony the Abbot. Rovinjsko Selo maintains a rich folklore and carnival tradition, old customs and habits related to rural civilization and balloon (balloon) which is a characteristic Istrian dance in pairs. For the feast of St. Anthony the Abbot, the patron saint of the village, Antonja is celebrated, which in the last twenty years has gained a new dimension as an exhibition of wine and olive oil.
Author of the article
Ana Lazarević - correspondent for Rovinj
Contact: [email protected]